Queensland has had no new cases of the coronavirus acquired locally on Christmas Day, but a second person traveling on a superyacht in the north tested positive.
Lady E arrived in Cairns from the Maldives on Monday, and a twenty-year-old crew member tested positive and was taken to hospital.
Queensland Health confirmed that now a 30-year-old man from the same vessel tested positive on Friday.
A second recent international visit to the Brisbane hotel quarantine also tested positive for the virus.
This brings the number of infections in Queensland so far to 1,240, with 12 cases still active. Over 5,200 people have been tested in the last 24 hours.
The superyacht case is now the center of a police investigation.
About 14 guests and crew have been placed in hotel quarantine, while six other crew members remain on board.
Ship’s captain James Kennedy has rejected Queensland Health Minister’s claims that those on board are not cooperating with authorities.
“We are fully cooperating with authorities and adhering to all protocols prior to docking to Cairns and upon arrival,” Kennedy said in a statement released to 7NEWS.com.au.
“Our team has quarantined, performed all necessary COVID-19 tests, and is ready to provide any details that authorities deem necessary. We remain ready for full compliance.
Wastewater tests at Wynnum, Bargara, and Bundaberg have also shown positive results for COVID-19, and people in areas with any symptoms are being asked to undergo testing.
In the meantime, traffic on the Queensland NSW border has decreased, but delays are still expected.
Chief Superintendent Mark Wheeler said police and SES crews will continue to increase resources at border crossings.
Currently, three checkpoints are operating around the clock with plans to create a fourth.